At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Biotechnology Master’s Degree
Program Launching Fall 2017
Exciting innovations in biotechnology, bioinformatics, and medical devices are driving an expanding job market in the biomedical products industries, and California is home to more than 50 percent of these companies. With a wealth of opportunities available, a master’s-level degree in science and technology is a strategic starting point for those interested in biotechnology careers. Azusa Pacific’s Master of Science in Biotechnology prepares students for success in this rapidly growing field by providing training in key areas, including molecular and cellular biology, mathematical modeling, mining of biological databases, regulatory affairs, clinical trials, project management, and biomedical products manufacturing.
APU’s biotech degree program, an applied science master’s degree, is designed for individuals (both pre-professional and industry professionals) with bachelor's degrees in molecular or cellular biology, biochemistry, applied mathematics, statistics, engineering or computer science, and an interest in working in companies involved in these areas.
The master’s in biotechnology program includes:
- On-site experience in internships and Master Degree Projects with regional pharma/biopharma and medical device companies.
- Courses taught by industry professionals who bring relevant experience to the classroom.
- Evening courses designed to accommodate working professionals.
Students benefit from coursework and training in:
- High-technology business development
- Project management
- Regulatory affairs
- Clinical trials
- Molecular biology and pharmacology of pharmaceutics and biopharmaceutics
- Industrial statistics
- Teamwork, management, and leadership
- Industry-related communication skills
- Career networking
- Biotechnology business ethics
APU’s program prepares graduates to serve in careers such as:
- Pharmaceutical research and development
- Bioinformatics and biostatistics
- Pharma and biopharma regulatory affairs
- Clinical trials project management
- Pharmaceutics manufacturing
- Medical products quality assurance and quality control
- Biotechnology business