At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
APU’s pre-engineering degree prepares students to complete an advanced engineering degree to use in a wide array of job opportunities in multiple scientific fields. The pre-engineering program is designed to enable students to:
- Complete an engineering degree at another institution of their choice.
- Demonstrate skill in the appropriate use of technology specific to engineering disciplines.
- Develop confidence in strategies of problem solving.
- Apply problem-solving strategies in small-group collaborations.
- Effectively communicate technical information in written and verbal form.
- Integrate learning from mathematics and science courses and discover the significance of these tools in the applied field of engineering.
- Describe and assess different views of the relationship between biblical and scientific perspectives of nature.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a pre-engineering student if you:
- Are interested in electronics, computers, robotics, or architecture.
- Want to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Enjoy approaching problems carefully and methodically.
- Enjoy numbers, puzzles, and mental challenges.
- Are thorough and detail oriented.
Learn more about this program.