APU’s medical majors have a high success rate for admission to medical/dental school. This program prepares students with the science and other prerequisite coursework necessary for success in medical/dental programs. Students become familiar with the medical/dental school admission process through a mock interview with the premedical committee. Students receive not only personalized, step-by-step academic advising, but also significant personal interaction with faculty in and out of the classroom. Students learn to integrate scientific, cultural, and Christian views and develop the skills and objectivity necessary for the advancement of scientific knowledge.
In addition, students are encouraged to take advantage of opportunities to conduct research alongside professors, participate in clinical programs at local hospitals, ad go on medical missions trips to places such as Mexico, India, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic.
Is This Program Right for You?
You should participate in the predental/premedical program if you:
- Wish to major in biology, biochemistry, or chemistry.
- Would like to pursue a career as a physician or dentist.
- Would like focused academic advising in order to prepare for medical or dental school and the MCAT or DAT.
- Would like to enhance your application through assistance in preparing your personal statement and the inclusion of a committee letter.
- Desire to learn about the human body from a Christian perspective.
Learn more about this program.