At a Glance
Cost per unit
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Prepare to Thrive in Music Entrepreneurship
In a world of digital albums, online streaming, and social network sensations, the traditional record label model is waning and opportunities for independent artists are on the rise. Azusa Pacific’s Master of Arts in Music Entrepreneurial Studies equips talented, independent musicians and managers with the business acumen they need to thrive in the competitive, ever-changing music industry.
Learning under experienced music industry professionals, students in the music entrepreneurship degree program build on their professional careers by integrating knowledge and skill in music publishing, social media marketing, finance, entertainment law, and artist development and management. Students graduate ready to succeed in the music business, armed with industry knowledge and an understanding of how to harness the power of publishing to maximize revenue in the age of online streaming.
- Enjoy highly collaborative relationships with faculty-mentors who bring extensive industry experience and encourage students to hone their craft and elevate their music career.
- Take advantage of learning in close proximity to Los Angeles, a hub of entertainment innovation.
- Gain the knowledge you need to run your career like a small business, creating a sustainable living based on your music.
- Enter into the discussion about faith and ethics in the entertainment industry.
- Benefit from a low-residency format that allows you to complete your degree in as little as two years (including summers).
- Start the program when it works for you—multiple entry points mean you can begin your music entrepreneurship journey sooner.
Music Entrepreneurship Careers
- Independent musician
- Artist manager
- A&R representative
- Executive producer
- Promotion manager
- Music marketing representative
- Project manager
- Artist social media coordinator
- Tour coordinator
- Artist publicist
- Music entrepreneur
- Publishing administrator
- Music publisher
- Licensing coordinator
- Music supervisor