At a Glance
Cost per unit
Areas of Study
- Keyboard Collaborative Arts
- Piano and Organ
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Music Performance Degree
The opportunity to perform comes with the responsibility to master the performance. The 30-unit Master of Music in Performance degree intensifies performance preparation for professional musicians seeking graduate-level training and experiential opportunities. Students benefit from concentrated interaction with School of Music faculty and outside professionals. The music performance degree program requirements include core courses and specialization in one of the following: piano and organ, vocal performance, instrumental performance, and keyboard collaborative arts.
- Freedom to integrate faith into music performance
- Private teachers who are working professionals from Los Angeles, New York, and abroad
- Access to the greater Los Angeles area, which provides performance opportunities in many different venues including musicals, operas, church concerts, recording studios, orchestras, jazz bands, etc.
- The Artist Concert Series and Artist in Residence program, which provide students the opportunity to interact with active professional musicians, including performers, composers, arrangers, and conductors
Learn more about the program and our faculty.
School of Music Accreditation
A degree from Azusa Pacific University is respected and recognized internationally, and accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The university is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2016 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 175 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2016 Best Colleges in the West, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2016, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their educational dreams.