The Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Post-Master’s Certificate is designed as a non-degree course credit option for nurses with a master’s degree in nursing.* This clinical area of content and advanced practice prepares nurses to work in acute, primary, or long-term care settings. This CNS certification provides theory and clinical experiences to prepare the nurse for certification by the state of California and for national certification as a Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS).
*Students may be given transfer credits for previous content completed in a master’s degree program.
- Graduates may apply for national certification through examination by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and may be eligible for California advanced practice certification.
- The program is designed for the working professional, offering evening lectures and customized clinical experiences.
- Students may enroll part-time and take advantage of summer courses.
- Clinical experiences include health care services for diverse cultural/ethnic groups, the poor, the underserved, and the homeless.
- Students may receive traineeships (partial tuition reimbursement) when available through a federal grant.
- Students receive personalized attention in a supportive Christian environment from faculty who are experienced as clinical nurse specialists or nurse practitioners in a variety of settings.
- Financial aid is available through scholarships and loans.
School of Nursing Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). In addition, programs in the nursing school are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2016 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 175 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2016 Best Colleges in the West, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2016, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their educational dreams.