Online Criminal Justice Degree
A successful criminal justice career requires a broad knowledge base for the major elements of police work, criminal law and procedure, risk analysis and response, and investigative processes and procedure. The online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice at University College equips learners with professional knowledge and practical skills in criminal justice while integrating a Christian worldview.
Students who major in criminal justice learn about the field from both an academic and professional perspective, addressing topics from a theoretical as well as a practitioner viewpoint. With the opportunity to specialize in their field, students are able to pursue personal or specific career interests by choosing an emphasis area.
- Integrate biblical concepts and principles with discipline-specific topics and domains
- Develop professional competencies in criminal justice, including an understanding of the various components of the field
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills, as well as critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Utilize appropriate research concepts and processes in the analysis of criminal justice issues, practices, and trends
- Apply principles of Christian ethics in response to ethical dilemmas and issues
Choose Your Emphasis
Learners may select any emphasis area for a custom program experience. The following emphases are recommended for this bachelor’s degree.