Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Task Force
The mission of the Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Task Force is to reduce the abuse of substances by APU community members through data collection, prevention, education, intervention and policy around alcohol and other drug use, in an effort to cultivate a God-honoring environment that is safe and healthy for all APU community members.
AOD Task Force Goals
- Implement targeted alcohol and other drug programming to all incoming undergraduate students, athletes, and age 21+ students.
- Develop a comprehensive AOD prevention and education program for employees and graduate and professional students.
- Develop a comprehensive campus-based intervention and recovery program for undergraduate students.
- Review AOD policies and evaluate consistency and proportionality of enforcing sanctions for undergraduate, graduate, and employee populations.
- Publicize AOD policies, expectations for behavior, and support services for undergraduate, graduate, and employee populations.
Task Force Members
- Brittany Billar, Associate Dean of Student Engagement (Chair)
- Matt Browning, Director of Graduate and Professional Engagement
- Jesse Cops, Associate Athletic Trainer, Athletics
- Bill Fiala, Dean of Wellness
- Olivia Gozal, Graduate Student
- Katie Guyer, Human Resources Business Partner
- Christine Guzman, Title IX Coordinator
- Lori Lacy, Director of the University Counseling Center
- Rhianna Pierre-Puckett, Director of Commuter Life
- Christopher Rodriquez, Financial Aid
- Katie Shubin, Physician Assistant
- Nathaniel Smith, Campus Safety
- Erin Thorp, Study Away
- Jared Votaw, Area Director, Office of Residence Life
- Rachel White, Associate Director of Public Relations