News Archive (2023)
- November 17, 2023 by Saundri LuippoldCandice Williams, PhD, inspires criminal justice students through her passion for helping people, willingness to learn and grow, and ultimately spreading God’s love and kindness in every setting.
- November 14, 2023 by Nathan FosterJ.J. Navarette ’24 loves helping students find belonging at Azusa Pacific University. As a transfer student, Navarette led a Alpha Group of other transfers, showing them around campus and going to events together.
- November 3, 2023 by Saundri LuippoldTheresa Clement Tisdale, PhD, PsyD, ABPP, loves havng the opportunity to mentor students who are preparing for professional practice in psychology, helping them develop their own professional identity and clinical style.
- August 31, 2023 by Nathan FosterKekai Kaʻaumoana-Cummings ’25 is a junior kinesiology major from Hawaii. Like hundreds of APU students, Kaʻaumoana-Cummings spent part of his summer serving on a global engagement trip. He and five teammates traveled to Rome to share the Gospel.
- July 24, 2023 by Stephanie ThurrottGoing to college as an adult can help you advance in your field or launch a new career. From financial aid to connecting with support, here’s what to know.
- July 12, 2023 by Nathan FosterAPU recently announced a $2 million investment to purchase equipment which will enable faculty and students to conduct cutting edge research, further bolstering APU's status as the only CCCU institution to receive the Carnegie R2 designation.
- June 27, 2023Karen Longman, PhD, professor emerita in APU's Department of Higher Education, was recently recognized with a prestigious Fulbright award. In August, Longman will travel to Lithuania to teach at LCC International University for the fall semester.
- June 8, 2023Azusa Pacific University President Adam J. Morris, PhD, named Glendora, Calif., resident Anita Fitzgerald Henck, PhD, provost and chief academic officer at APU, effective July 1, 2023.
- May 19, 2023 by Nathan Foster '20Jenica Morin-Pascual, an adjunct professor in the Department of Social Work, was recently awarded with the District 48 Distinguished Woman of the Year. On top of teaching, Morin-Pascual is a domestic violence expert with the YWCA and Covina PD.
- May 11, 2023 by Nathan FosterJollyfisher Ekpe is passionate about refining his acting craft so he can bring glory to God. He starred in APU's productions of Trojan Women and Twelfth Night all while serving as an RA in Engstrom Hall and playing bass for Kaleo chapel band.
- April 28, 2023 by Nathan FosterAfter 23 years of teaching at APU, Michael Wong has poured into the lives of countless students, training them as great clinicians. Wong recently received the James A. Gould Excellence in Teaching Award as one of the top PT professors in the U.S.
- February 24, 2023 by Megan WilhelmIn the first of our Faculty Friday series, we are highlighting social work professor Shelly-Ann Dewsbury, who is passionate about seeing students grow inside the classroom and through their out of class experiences.
- January 27, 2023 by Stephanie ThurrottCollege finals may be different from the exams you took in high school. Discover six tips to help you prepare for and ace your finals.
Note: This information is current for the 2023-24 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.