New Scholarship Available!
New students who are starting in spring 2024 and were impacted by COVID-19 are eligible to receive up to $1,000 toward tuition.
Study Psychology (Bachelor’s Completion) at Azusa Pacific University
You’ll complete your degree and gain broad, hands-on training in our program tailored toward transfer students—opening the door to a wide variety of careers. Take advantage of opportunities to engage in first-hand field experience, conduct original research alongside faculty members, and secure contacts in your area of interest by participating in internship opportunities. Choose from multiple regional locations or online, as well as full or part time options, and graduate skilled in analyzing human behavior in real-world contexts.
Program at a Glance
The School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences equips students for compassionate leadership in fields like physical therapy, social work, and psychology, guided by experienced faculty and hands-on learning.
Fall dates: November 21st, December 19th
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis for upcoming class starts. There are six class starts per year. The first step is to apply or submit an inquiry online.
Total Units to Graduate
Cost per Unit
100-200-level courses: $452
300-400-level courses: $527
- High Desert, Inland Empire, Monrovia, Murrieta, Online, Orange County, San Diego
Gain Hands-on Experience
- Boost your résumé through internship opportunities.
- Explore the intersection of Christian faith and psychology.
- Conduct research alongside faculty-mentors.
- Analyze human behavior in a variety of real-world contexts.
- Receive support with career entry and graduate school admission, including free writing tutoring.
By the Numbers
Eimee Ponciano: Trusting God in the Uncertainty
Eimee Ponciano ’24 learns how to treat others with grace and respect as she dives deep into her psychology major at APU.
Azusa Pacific’s bachelor’s completion program in psychology is designed for transfer students who have at least 15 units and are interested in completing a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at the High Desert, Inland Empire, Monrovia, Murrieta, Orange County, or San Diego regional location, or online. Students gain hands-on field experience as they learn about human behavior and how to analyze and solve problems in various settings, preparing them to make a difference in the lives of others.
Browse the tabs below—if you have questions, visit the Student Services Center page, and we’ll make sure you get the info you need.
The university and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
International students on an F-1 or J-1 visa are not eligible to apply for this program.
Applicants must possess:
- A minimum of 15 units of transferable credit, earned with a C- grade or better from regionally accredited colleges or universities, documented on official transcripts from each institution attended, is required. It is preferable to have units from the IGETC or CSU Breadth requirements. Transcripts must be mailed for the colleges or universities directly to APU. A maximum of 70 units may be transferred from a community college.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Academic and collegiate-level English skills. This program is not recommended for students who lack proficiency in basic academic skills, especially collegiate-level English communication skills.
Applicants must submit:
- Application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts sent to APU’s Student Services Center for all college credit,
degrees, certificates, or credentials earned prior to application to APU
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average is required for admission.
- Written statement detailing your interest in the field and career goals. Essay should be one to two pages in length.
What to Expect
Once admissions receives your application, application fee, and official transcripts, your paperwork will be reviewed to determine transfer credit. You will be notified of your admission status when your application and transcripts have been reviewed.
All official transcripts and additional required documents must be submitted before consideration for admission.
If you are applying for financial aid, complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the corresponding academic year. Request financial aid transcripts from those institutions attended within the current calendar year, as required by the U.S. Department of Education.
Many financial aid options are available to make your psychology degree affordable.
APU delivers high-quality academic programs that provide a comprehensive support system. Your investment in completing your bachelor’s degree includes access to a full network of services along with faculty and staff who partner with you in your pursuit of higher education. Below is a detailed breakdown of the fees associated with your degree program.
BA in Psychology (Bachelor’s Completion) Fees
|Undergraduate Application Fee for U.S. Students||$45|
|100-200-level courses tuition (per unit)||$452|
|300-400-level courses tuition (per unit)||$527|
View a complete list of university fees.
All stated financial information is subject to change. Contact the Student Services Center at (626) 815-2020 for more information.
Paying for Your Degree
APU offers a variety of ways to help you pay for your degree, including scholarships, grants, and loans. We’re committed to ensuring that cost doesn’t keep you from reaching your education goals.
Learn more about the financial aid opportunities available to you.
Military members—and in some cases their spouses and dependents—qualify for financial assistance covering tuition, housing, and books. Azusa Pacific is a Yellow Ribbon University and Military Friendly School, so you can be confident that you’ll receive the benefits and flexibility you need to complete your education.
The School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences offers a 15 percent tuition discount for eligible veterans, their spouses, and dependents starting in one of the following bachelor’s degree completion programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice (bachelor’s completion)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (bachelor’s completion)
Applicants must fill out the APU Veteran Discount Form and provide proof of military service with the application. This tuition discount cannot be combined with other institutional aid and only applies to core courses (general education courses are not covered by discount). Contact Student Financial Services for complete eligibility details.
To view specific requirements and coursework information, visit the current academic
If you have questions, we’re here to help! Connect with a representative who can walk you through the program details and application process.
Additional Program Contact
Robert Linsalato, MA, (626) 815-6000, Ext. 2418, [email protected]
Student Services Center
Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Career Outlook and Outcomes
Career Paths for Psychology Majors to Consider
Learn more about the career options available to psychology majors, whether you earn an undergraduate degree or go on to pursue a graduate degree.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View Tuition tab above.