Lead in the Public Sector with an MPA Degree
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) is an online program that equips you to become a confident and ethical leader who implements public policy effectively, efficiently, and responsively. If you are interested in working in the public sector, social services and health management, urban planning, criminal justice, or education, this degree will help you become a high-performing manager skilled in problem solving, decision making, and communication with diverse population groups.
The MPA program has a rigorous focus on research, writing, and managerial decision-making, preparing you as a Christ-centered difference maker who promotes justice and leads transformative practice in the world. Upon completing this program, you will be equipped to think creatively, nurture collaborative relationships with diverse groups, implement innovative solutions to problems, and lead in a variety of contexts.
- Communication and the Public Sector
- Data Analytics
- Government Budgeting
- Health Policy and Public Administration
- Organizational Science
- Public Sector Business Administration
- Flexible online courses
- Build managerial leadership skills for career competitiveness
- Access to APU’s Center for Public Affairs, located near California’s State Capitol
- Gain tactical leadership skills through community engagement and fieldwork
- Engage in rigorous scholarly training grounded in the Christian tradition
The need for public administrators in California continues to grow. Learn more about the growing job market and the variety of careers you can enter into with an MPA.
Note: This information is current for the 2022-23 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.