Abby Kleier, M.A.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Sociology, TESOL, and Modern Languages
Phone: (626) 969-3434
Abby Kleier, M.A. TESOL, has been teaching ESL in the United States, and EFL in China, since 2001. She began her TESOL career by organizing a volunteer community ESL program in Olathe, Kansas, to serve the growing immigrant population there. In Asia, Kleier collaborated with local professionals to produce a children’s English learning television series, instruct university students, and train adults to use English in their fields. In her current context, she volunteers as an ESL instructor for Spanish- and Mandarin-speaking immigrants in her community. Her research interests include the development of communities of practice in the online learning environment, and comparing first- and second-language acquisition in young children.
- M.A., TESOL, Azusa Pacific University
- B.A., English Literature and Spanish Language, University of Kansas
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Department of Sociology, TESOL, and Modern Languages
- TESL 545 – Second-language Pedagogy I