Study Digital Media and Communication at Azusa Pacific University
You’ll graduate as a qualified communication professional skilled in producing digital storytelling for client branding or news. Learn to effectively articulate your message and attract your audience’s attention. Create strategic content for clients, nonprofits, publishers, and agencies. Publish across digital platforms with a faith-based framework that provides you with a deep understanding of the ethical and moral implications of content creation and publishing.
Program at a Glance
Throughout all programs, emphasis is placed on the application of Christian truth and values to the study of communication theories and processes, consideration of ethical issues, and the mastery of current scholarship in each field. All programs focus on applying Christian values to communication studies, thinking about ethics, and mastering the latest research in each field.
- Applications for the bachelor’s completion digital media and communication degree are accepted on an ongoing basis for upcoming class starts. There are six class starts per year. The first step is to apply or submit an inquiry online.
Total Units to Graduate
Cost per Unit
100-200-level courses: $452
300-400-level courses: $527
- Inland Empire, Murrieta
Gain Hands-on Experience
- Learn skills to be an effective writer and storyteller across digital platforms.
- Hone your writing and editing to help you produce creative and well-written content.
- Learn from professors of practice who are experts with current field experience in the industry.
- Develop content on a class website or blog, and receive peer feedback and story coaching.
- Hone your personal presentation skills for client meetings and presentations.
By the Numbers
This program prepares you for the fastest-growing job sector in Southern California: digital media. Prepare for positions with PR agencies, online news sites, nonprofits, or social media management. Polish your skills in courses designed to help you publish in online magazines, websites, or client communications.
Browse the tabs below—if you have questions, visit the Student Services Center page, and we’ll make sure you get the info you need.
Applications for the bachelor’s completion digital media and communication degree are accepted on an ongoing basis for upcoming class starts. There are six class starts per year. The first step is to apply or submit an inquiry online.
The university and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
Please note: International students on an F-1 or J-1 visa are not eligible to apply for this program.
Applicants must possess:
- A minimum of 15 units of transferable credit, earned with a C- grade or better from regionally accredited colleges or universities, documented on official transcripts from each institution attended, is required. It is preferable to have units from the IGETC or CSU Breadth requirements. Transcripts must be mailed for the colleges or universities directly to APU. A maximum of 70 units may be transferred from a community college.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Academic and collegiate-level English skills. This program is not recommended for students who lack proficiency in basic academic skills, especially collegiate-level English communication skills.
Applicants must submit:
- Application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts sent to APU’s Student Services Center for all college credit,
degrees, certificates, or credentials earned prior to application to APU
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average is required for admission.
- Written statement detailing your interest in the field and career goals. Essay should be one to two pages in length.
What to Expect
Once admissions receives your application, application fee, and official transcripts, your paperwork will be reviewed to determine transfer credit. You will be notified of your admission status when your application and transcripts have been reviewed.
All official transcripts and additional required documents must be submitted before consideration for admission.
If you are applying for financial aid, complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the corresponding academic year. Request financial aid transcripts from those institutions attended within the current calendar year, as required by the U.S. Department of Education.
Many financial aid options are available to make your digital media and communication degree affordable.
APU delivers high-quality academic programs that provide a comprehensive support system. Your investment in completing your bachelor’s degree includes access to a full network of services along with faculty and staff who partner with you in your pursuit of higher education. Below is a detailed breakdown of the fees associated with your degree program.
BA in Digital Media and Communication (Bachelor’s Completion) Fees
|Undergraduate Application Fee for U.S. Students||$45|
|100-200-level courses tuition (per unit)||$452|
|300-400-level courses tuition (per unit)||$527|
View a complete list of university fees.
All stated financial information is subject to change. Contact the Student Services Center at (626) 815-2020 for more information.
Paying for Your Degree
APU offers a variety of ways to help you pay for your degree, including scholarships, grants, and loans. We’re committed to ensuring that cost doesn’t keep you from reaching your education goals.
Learn more about the financial aid opportunities available to you.
Military members—and in some cases their spouses and dependents—qualify for financial assistance covering tuition, housing, and books. Azusa Pacific is a Yellow Ribbon University and Military Friendly School, so you can be confident that you’ll receive the benefits and flexibility you need to complete your education.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences offers a 15 percent tuition discount for eligible veterans, their spouses, and dependents starting in the following bachelor’s degree completion program:
Applicants must fill out the APU Veteran Discount (PDF) form and provide proof of military service with the application. This tuition discount cannot be combined with other institutional aid and only applies to core courses (general education courses are not covered by discount). Contact Student Financial Services for complete eligibility details.
To view specific requirements and coursework information, visit the current academic catalog:
If you have questions, we’re here to help! Connect with a representative who can walk you through the program details and application process.
Student Services Center
Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Career Outlooks and Outcomes
Alumni Feature: Ruby McAuliffe ’20 is Living Her Dream as an Editor in NYC
Ruby McAuliffe ’20 is living her dream as an editor and journalist in New York City, taking advantage of what she learned in APU’s journalism and public relations program to further her career at a top women’s fashion magazine.