Azusa Pacific University offers the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant to qualified students who are enrolled in a program that prepares them for a career in teaching.
Prior to receiving the grant, you must complete TEACH Grant Counseling and sign an Agreement to Service (ATS) at studentaid.gov. By signing, you agree to teach for at least four academic years in a high-need field at a school that serves students from low-income families. Note: If you do not finish your service obligation within eight years of completing (or ceasing enrollment in) your program, the TEACH Grant will convert to a Direct Unsubsidized Loan with interest charged from the date the grant was first disbursed.
Visit the Federal Student Aid site for more information about the TEACH Grant program.
If you are interested in receiving the TEACH Grant, please contact the Student Services Center at email@example.com or (626) 815-2020) to work with a Student Account Specialist.
TEACH Grant Eligibility
To be eligible for a TEACH Grant, you must:
- Meet the basic eligibility criteria for federal student aid programs.
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, or graduate student at a school that participates in the TEACH Grant Program, like Azusa Pacific.
- Be enrolled in a TEACH Grant-eligible program. See below for the eligible programs at APU.
- Meet certain academic achievement requirements (generally, scoring above the 75th percentile on one or more portions of a college admissions test or maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 1).
- Receive TEACH Grant counseling that explains the terms and conditions of the service obligation. You must complete counseling each year that you receive a TEACH Grant.
- Sign a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve.
TEACH Grant-Eligible Programs
Master’s Degree and Credential Programs
- MAEd in Learning and Technology and Mild to Moderate Support Needs Education Specialist Credential
- MAEd in Learning and Technology and Extensive Support Needs Education Specialist Credential
- MAEd in Learning and Technology and Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- MAEd in Learning and Technology and Single Subject Teaching Credential
- MA in Physical Education and Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization
- MA in Physical Education and Single Subject Teaching Credential
- MAEd in Special Education and Mild to Moderate Support Needs Education Specialist Credential
- MAEd in Special Education and Extensive Support Needs Education Specialist Credential
- MAEd in Teaching and Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- MAEd in Teaching and Single Subject Teaching Credential
Teaching Credential-Only Programs
- Mild to Moderate Support Needs Education Specialist Preliminary Credential
- Extensive Support Needs Education Specialist Preliminary Credential
- GPA requirement may be waived if you are enrolled in a master’s program and meet one of the following qualifications: current teacher, retiree with expertise in a high-need field, or current/former teacher completing a high-quality alternative certification (i.e. Teach for America). Supporting documentation will be required. Please contact your Student Account Specialist for details. ↵