The Student Health Center offers travel immunizations to students, faculty, and staff who are traveling abroad, and consults with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for specific recommendations dependent on the country of destination. Due to the recent increase in travel-related contagious diseases locally and nationally, the Student Health Center strongly encourages every student who is planning to travel abroad to make sure they have received all of the necessary vaccines and preventive medications for the country they will be visiting.
If you are traveling to a foreign country with the Spiritual Life, talk to your team leader, since they have been given a list of the vaccine requirements and other travel-related issues that pertain to the country you will be visiting. Once you determine which vaccines you will need, feel free to make an appointment with our travel nurse to have these administered well in advance of your departure. If, after reading the document provided by your team leader, you feel like you still have a number of questions, you may make an appointment for a travel consultation with our travel nurse.
Immunization Fees at the Student Health Center
- Hepatitis A: $120/shot (series of two shots)
- Hepatitis B: $100/shot (series of three shots)
- HPV9: $300/shot (series of three shots)
- Influenza (flu vaccine): $25
- Malaria: Cost depends on length of trip and medication prescribed
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella): $120 each (two lifetime)
- Td (tetanus and diphtheria): $75
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis): $80
- Oral typhoid pills (obtained by local pharmacy): approximately $60
- Yellow fever: $195 (supplies intermittently available)
- TST (TB skin test): $12
Note: Costs may change dependent on manufacturer’s prices. Contact the Student Health Center for the most up-to-date costs.
Alternative Locations for Travel Immunizations
Pasadena County Health
Travelers Immunization Clinic
1845 N. Fair Oaks Ave.
Healthy Traveler Clinic
1250 E. Green. St., Ste. 100
Pasadena, CA 91106