News Archive (2023)
- November 20, 2023 by Megan WilhelmKevin & Louise Huang feel privileged to journey alongside students as they grow in their faith and their knowledge of the sciences. Their mentorship extends beyond the classroom, as they invite students over for home-cooked meals at Café Huang.
- November 6, 2023 by Megan WilhelmCurtis Isozaki ’14, MA ’18, CF-LSP, loves mentoring students, building strong relationships, and cultivating belonging in the Honors College's tight-knit community.
- October 27, 2023 by Saundri LuippoldThe influence Professor Joseph Bentz, PhD, has had on APU students over the past three decades is built on relationships–in the classroom, in the office of the student newspaper, at conferences he has taken them to, and in his own home.
- October 24, 2023 by Saundri LuippoldWorld renowned artist, author, scholar, educator, and theologian Makoto Fujimura presented APU’s 2023 James L. Hedges Lecture on Oct. 18 in Munson Chapel, introducing students to an enriching and engaging perspective to viewing and creating art.
- October 20, 2023 by Saundri LuippoldDiana Pavlac Glyer, PhD, loves fostering creative collaboration in her classes. A foremost expert on the Inklings, Glyer has published four books of her own and edited several more through APU's Honors College Oxbridge program.
- August 2, 2023 by Morgan T. RogersWhat are honors colleges, and how are they different from traditional college pathways? Here’s everything you need to know.
- June 7, 2023 by Nathan Foster '20At just 25-years-old, Helena Mayer '20 has built a strong career as a musician. Her songs have been streamed more than 10 million times on Spotify and she performs four times a week for more than 9,000 followers on Twitch.
- May 9, 2023 by Nathan FosterIn our Student Spotlight series, we share the stories of amazing APU students who are being equipped to become difference makers in their respective fields. Avery Burn '24 is a nursing student who wants to share God's love through caring for others.
- April 14, 2023 by Megan WilhelmRico Vitz, PhD, has had many changes of direction in his life—from switching his major and dream job to almost becoming a Capuchin Franciscan Friar, Vitz’s story is one of hard work and serendipity. Today, he loves teaching in the Honors College.
- February 7, 2023 by Nathan Foster '20Natasha Zimmerman '24 shares her experience about studying away at Oxford. “Oxford’s programs are so different from the way we learn in the U.S., but it broadened my horizons and helped me grow immensely in my writing and research skills.”
- January 17, 2023 by Nathan Foster & Walter CabalFreshmen in APU's Honors College reflect on how they've been transformed during their first semester of a great works curriculum focused on leadership.
Note: This information is current for the 2023-24 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.