Checklist for Admitted Students
We are so excited that you plan to join the Honors College at Azusa Pacific University. This guide is intended to support your admission journey and complements the APU New Student Checklist. If you have any questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s get started!
Once you have submitted your APU application and been admitted to the Honors College, you are ready to start your path at Azusa Pacific! These are the first steps in securing your spot in the Honors College and preparing you for your college journey.
- Attend an online Honors College event, schedule a time to connect with a current Honors College student, and visit the Honors College at Azusa Pacific University.1
- Complete your FAFSA and schedule a financial aid appointment with your admissions representative.
- Submit your APU enrollment deposit and secure your spot in the Honors College.
Next Steps for Enrolled Honors College Students
Welcome to the Honors College! We are sure you will find your experience in the program to be challenging, engaging, and rewarding. These steps are designed to set you up for success as you prepare to join a community of disciples and scholars. If you have any questions, reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Celebrate! Take some time to celebrate and get excited about attending Azusa Pacific next year. Starting your college journey is a significant accomplishment, and it is worth taking the time to recognize your hard work. Please share the news with your family and friends and tag us in your social media post! #APUBound
- Review the New Student Checklist. The APU New Student Checklist includes everything you need to know about completing enrollment at Azusa Pacific, from housing to class registration and everything in between. Use it alongside this checklist to make sure you are fully prepared for your first day.
- Review and complete your personalized Honors College Next Steps Checklist. You will receive your personalized printable checklist when you have secured your spot in the Honors College. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Complete your registration profile for the Honors College. When completing your registration profile, do not forget to select that you are going to be in the Honors College for your course registration. Then, list your dual enrollment and any AP/IB credit that you have received during high school. These classes have the potential to count toward elective, major, service, and/or general education credit. Your college credit in high school will also provide you with the preparation needed to succeed in your college classes, provide margin and flexibility in your schedule, and create an opportunity to add a second minor. Remember that courses in the Honors College waive your general education credit. Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Attend a Summer Orientation event to register for HON 101 - Leadership. Course registration will take place at the Summer Orientation event you attend. Our staff will walk you through registering for your classes, including HON 101 - Leadership, and answer any questions you may have. For questions about the registration process, check the Registration Help Center or contact Undergraduate Admissions at (626) 812-3016.
- Attend an Honors College summer virtual event. Want to get to know others in the Honors College in your incoming class? Stay tuned for more details about our Summer Virtual Events that will be taking place in May, June, and July.
- Receive your Honors College summer reading books. As an incoming Honors student, you have the opportunity to read Niccolò Machiavelli’s The Prince and Diana Glyer’s Bandersnatch before the first day of class. You can order your free copies of the books, provided by the Honors College, from the APU Bookstore using a coupon code provided by the Honors College.
- Review your Honors College Orientation schedule. We cannot wait to celebrate you and welcome you to the Honors College community! The Honors College Orientation will take place the day before the programming for Welcome Day. You will receive a schedule and more details as you prepare for the start of a great first year at Azusa Pacific University.
Note: This information is current for the 2022-23 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.