Costs and Scholarships

All international students on F-1/J-1 visas must provide proof of sufficient funds for academic expenses (tuition and fees), living expenses, including room and board and other miscellaneous fees. For immigration purposes, proof of funds must show the following amount (depending on your intended program) to cover the annual costs.

Tuition and Fees
Undergraduate On-campus: $62,677
Off-campus: $60,543
Graduate and Doctorate Tuition and fees for one academic year plus $22,250 for room, board, books, and living expenses.

Acceptable Proof of Funds

Personal funds:

  • Financial statements showing balance of account (see below for criteria)

Private sponsors including parents:

Azusa Pacific University scholarships or grants:

Other institutional support or award letters:

  • Letter from an employer or another institution on OFFICIAL business letterhead, including a signature, showing amount and length of support.
  • Salary statements/pay stubs are not accepted.

Loan certificates and letters:

  • Must include name of student and the amount of approved loan
  • Conditional loan approvals may be accepted only if the condition is the receipt of student's I-20 or DS-2019.
  • Loan applications are not accepted as proof of funding.

Bank and Financial Statement Criteria:

A bank or financial statement should be a single page document showing the criteria below. DO NOT submit long statements that include transaction history.

  • Bank or financial statements from multiple accounts is acceptable
  • Include the financial institution's name
  • Include the account holder's name
  • Clearly show the account balance
  • Be dated within the past 6 months
  • Be translated into English (especially names) - unofficial translations are accepted
  • Clearly state the type of currency
  • Be from statements that show liquid assets that can be converted to cash

IMPORTANT: The following types of funding are NOT accepted:

  • Documents older than 6 months
  • Funds that are not immediately accessible
  • Assets that are not in liquidated form (house, car, etc.)
  • Life insurance policy statements
  • Pension funds
  • Tax return forms or documents

Financial Aid

Full Menu