Step into Leadership with a Healthcare Administration Degree
As the healthcare field rapidly expands with the development of new technology and the needs of an increasing aging population, there is a growing market for qualified, administrative professionals who can develop solutions and oversee operations in various healthcare settings. Azusa Pacific’s faith-based Master of Science in Healthcare Administration program prepares leaders to manage organizations effectively and ethically, working to address the challenges confronting today’s healthcare industry.
Fully online as asynchronous learning, this graduate program is designed for working professionals who are looking to develop their leadership and management skills to advance in the healthcare field but have limited or no experience in healthcare settings.
For nurses with a BSN who are interested in pursuing leadership roles, APU also offers an MSN in Healthcare Administration and Leadership.
Meet a Growing Need for Healthcare Leaders
The expected growth in this field stems from a healthcare system with increased demand from an aging baby boomer population and advancing technology that enables people to live longer lives. In addition, the pandemic has shown the need for various public health operations, including education on immunizations and prevention. This translates to job opportunities in healthcare organizations such as health systems, hospitals, and clinics and various related industries for graduates with knowledge and skills in healthcare administration and business.
Choose Your Concentration
- Financial Management in Health Systems
- International Health
- Quality and Innovation in Health Care
- Learn online in an asynchronous format, allowing you to work while furthering your education.
- Experience interdisciplinary education through courses in APU’s nationally-ranked School of Nursing and School of Business and Management.
- Take courses that equip you to employ system-level thinking and communication to address healthcare delivery issues, organizational outcomes of quality, safety, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and health equity.
- Deepen your knowledge and skills in the areas of finance, human resources, analysis, applied statistics, and problem-solving to meet organization challenges in health care.
- Benefit from a faith-based program focused on a strong commitment to Christian principles, respect of others, ethical conduct, and desire to make a difference in the workplace.
- Complete field work at practicum sites, which include a wide array of learning laboratories in Southern California and, in the International Health concentration, across the globe.
U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2023 edition named Azusa Pacific to its list of top national universities and several other significant lists, including First-Year Experiences and Top Performers on Social Mobility. The Princeton Review designated APU as 1 of 126 institutions in the “Best Western Colleges” section of its 2023 Best Colleges guide. APU’s School of Nursing was named a top nursing school in California for 2023 by College Factual and Niche. APU was included as a top-100 degree producer by Diverse: Issues In Higher Education and is a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI). Azusa Pacific is also a Military Friendly School and Yellow Ribbon University, serving more than 500 military-connected students and families, and is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as an R2 Doctoral Research University.
Note: This information is current for the 2022-23 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.