Model Christian University
Defining engagement with virtue as Christian scholars and citizens for our culture and times
“Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.”
1 John 3:18
Students thrive when they are intellectually, interpersonally, and psychologically engaged in deep learning. They use their college experiences to transform how they see themselves and the world. A Christian University should be the ideal environment to support this engagement and wellbeing within a framework of equity and justice, while fostering a sense of belonging and community. Faculty are inclusive in their pedagogy and practices, providing students with clear pathways to success. Thriving campuses are composed of a diverse group of people who embody the mission of the institution; are committed to academic excellence, and student success and flourishing; and collaborate across functional lines to foster academic communities that value the inherent worth of every member as one deeply loved by the Creator.
To achieve and promote a thriving environment, APU will breathe new life into its guiding documents. The renewed vision will provide an overview of APU’s Christ-centered identity and define its spiritual and academic purposes and goals. Additionally, APU will create an inclusive environment of Christ-centered academic excellence through programs of distinction and active community engagement to enhance and support its stature as a research university.
- Focus and direction for APU in today’s culture and times
- Clarity and accountability on what APU expects to take place in the lives and work of a diverse body of students, faculty and staff
- Christ-centered academic excellence and relevant career preparation for the next generation
- Christ-centered scholarship which speaks into the challenges and opportunities of today’s culture and times
- Effective telling of APU’s story and impact on culture, through the church and secular entities