ROTC Eligibility Requirements
There are no prerequisites to participate in the Army ROTC program. Any student who is enrolled full-time at our host school or one of our partnership campuses can enroll in ROTC with no commitment to the US Army during their freshman and sophomore years. A scholarship cadet must sign a contract and will serve his/her military service obligation upon graduation.
Prior to contracting, an Army ROTC Cadet must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be between the ages of 17 and 28. Age waivers are accepted based on certain qualifications.
- Have a high school or college GPA of at least 2.50.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Score a minimum of 1000 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores).
- Meet physical standards (pass the Army Physical Fitness Test).
- Have no medical issues preventing you from serving.
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on active duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard).