A Call to Worship
What is Worship?
- Worship is to honor with extravagant love and extreme submission (Webster's Dictionary, 1828).
- Worship reveals what we value—it gives honor, worth, and priority to the Lord of our hearts.
- Worship requires spirit (regeneration) and truth (Scripture); it is the response of the heart and knowledge of the mind.
- Worship happens when our words, actions, mind, and heart revere God.
- Worship of the One and True God should lead to repentance, surrender, and advancing the Kingdom of God.
Worship is Scripture.Psalm 22:3 (ESV)
Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the one Israel praises.John 4:23-24 (ESV)
But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.Psalm 95:6 (ESV)
Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!Romans 12:1 (ESV)
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.Psalm 102: 12 (ESV)
But you, Lord, sit enthroned forever; your renown endures through all generations.Isaiah 12:5 (ESV)
Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.Hebrews 13:15 (ESV)
Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.