Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find the on-campus student employment application?
- Go to apu.joinhandshake.com/login and log in using your APU single sign-on credentials.
- Click “Career Center” and then “Resources.”
- Select “On-Campus Employment Application” from the resources list.
- Under “Attachments,” click the file to download the application.
To complete the application and add it to your Handshake profile:
- Open the file in the downloads folder on your device. Fill out the application and save it to your device.
- On apu.joinhandshake.com, click on your profile and select “Documents” from the dropdown menu.
- Click “Add a New Document.”
- Open the “Select a Document” dropdown menu, and select “Other Document.” Upload the document from your device.
Where can I find a list of guidelines and employment policies for student employees?
Student employees are responsible for reviewing the information in the Student Employment Handbook (PDF). If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Student Employment at (626) 815-4680 or email email@example.com.
Where can I find a list of available on-campus jobs?
On-campus job postings can be found on Handshake, APU’s career network. To apply for a job on campus, create a profile on Handshake using your APU credentials. Search on-campus jobs and apply directly on the Handshake platform.
For questions or assistance creating a Handshake account, contact the Center for Career and Community-Engaged Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many hours can I work per week as a student employee?
Student employees may work up to 29 hours per week. International students may work up to 20 hours per week. Additional hours may be offered at the department’s request when school is not traditionally in session (i.e., summer, Christmas and mid-semester break). View the complete policy in the Student Employment Handbook.
As a student employee, how do I change or update my address, email, or telephone number?
Log in to home.apu.edu and change the information online.
When is payday?
Student employees are paid on a bi-weekly pay period. View the Bi-Weekly Payroll Calendar (PDF) for a list of dates.
Can I have my paychecks automatically deposited into an account at my bank or credit union?
Yes. We encourage you to take advantage of APU’s direct deposit service. To apply, complete the Employee Direct Deposit Enrollment Form (PDF) and attach a voided check or authorization from your bank/financial institution. Please submit the forms to the Payroll Office.
How do I access my pay stub and W-2 information?
You may access pay stub and W-2 information electronically. To access your payroll information:
- Visit ADP iPay at ipay.adp.com. Click on “Register Now” and follow the prompts.
- To obtain your registration passcode, contact the Payroll Department at (626) 815-4722 or email@example.com.
- We suggest that you use your personal email address instead of your APU email address at the time of registration. If you were to depart from APU, your pay statement/W-2 history will be accessible with your personal email address.
For more information, contact the Payroll Department at (626) 815-4722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I submit a time change request form or log missed hours?
To log hours that are not in Kronos, fill out the Time Change Request Form. Once complete, please send it to [email protected]. For further information, email email@example.com or call (626) 815-4737.